Private Practice Center
Physicians and their medical specializationsOffice visits by appointment only. Please call for an appointment: +43-1 367 13 73
Office hours Monday - Friday 3pm – 8pm, Tuesday & Wednesday 9am – 2pm
Appointments may also be scheduled outside of regular office hours.
Appointments may also be scheduled outside of regular office hours.
|Since 2017||Chief of General&Vascular Surgery Department, Evangelic Hospital, Vienna|
|2015||Professor of Surgery|
|2005-2014||Chief of Surgery Department St. Josef Hospital, Vienna|
|2000-2005||Director of Minimal Invasive Surgery, Medical University, Vienna|
|1996-2000||Staff Surgeon Medical Univ. Vienna|
|1993-1994||Research grant at Dept. of Molecular&Cell Biology, Univ. of California, Berkeley|
|1988-1999||Specialist training in General + Vascular Surgery|
|1982-1988||Medical University Vienna|
Clinical and Research Areas
- Minimal Invasive Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Hernia Surgery
- Sympathetic Surgery
- President of ISSS International Society of Sympathetic Surgeons
- Chairman of Minimally Invasive Surgery at UEMS – European Board of Surgery
- Austrian Surgical Society
- AMIC - Austrian Minimal Invasive Surgery (Past-President)
- AHC Austrian Hernia Society
- ÖGCH Austrian Society of Vascular Surgery
- ACO – Arbeitsgemeinschaft Chirurgische Onkologie
- EAES European Association of Endoscopic Surgeons
Resume & Career
Even in the early stages of my medical training, my interest in spine surgery was sparked during my research collaboration with the University Clinic for Orthopedics. As part of my specialist training at the Orthopedic Hospital in Speising, I was able to learn surgical procedures, as well as conservative treatment methods.
After completion of specialist training and the U.S. medical licensing examination (USMLE), I received special training in the USA and South Korea to learn minimally invasive surgical procedures.
I also experienced the integration of interventional pain therapy methods with management of complex spinal diseases, and consistently implement these for my patients since my return. This allows me to ensure that surgical procedures are only performed once all conservative treatment options have been exhausted.
|2012||Science Award of the Austrian Society of Spine Surgery|
|2009 - present:||Head of Department of Spinal Surgery, Orthopedic Hospital Vienna - Speising|
|2009 - present:||Consultant for company "Zimmer-Spine" on the topic of minimally invasive spine surgery, active participation in international surgical courses|
|2009||6-week clinical attachment at Wooridul Spine Hospital, Seoul, Korea to learn endoscopic vertebral surgery|
|2008||"Cincinnati spine Fellowship" in Cincinnati, OH, USA (one-year neurosurgical orthopedic Spine Fellowship)|
|2007||Completion of the "USMLE" (United States Medical Licensing Exam)|
|2001 - 2006||Training as Specialist in Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery at Vienna - Speising Orthopedic Hospital|
|1999 - 2000||Military Service at Army Hospital in Vienna & secondary training in Surgery at Göttlicher Heiland Hospital|
|1999||MD awarded by Medical University of Vienna|
- Laminectomy, durotomy, and piotomy effects on spinal cord intramedullary pressure in severe cervical and thoracic kyphotic deformity: a cadaveric study; Winestone JS, Farley CW, Curt BA, Chavanne A, Dollin N, Pettigrew DB, Kuntz C; J Neurosurg Spine. 2012 Feb;16(2):195-200
- Implant survival analysis and failure modes of the X STOP interspinous distraction device; Tuschel A, Chavanne A, Eder C, Meissl M, Becker P, Ogon M.; Spine 2013 Oct 1;38(21):1826-31
- Autografts for spinal fusion: osteogenic potential of laminectomy bone chips and bone shavings collected via high speed drill; Eder C, Chavanne A, Meissner J, Bretschneider W, Tuschel A, Becker P, Ogon M; Eur Spine J. 2011 Nov;20(11):1791-5
- Spinal Cord Intramedullary Pressure in Cervical Kyphotic Deformity: A Cadaveric Study; Chavanne A, Pettigrew D, Holtz J, Dollin N, Kuntz CK; Spine 2011, Sep 15;36(20):1619-26.
- Assessment of different screw augmentation techniques and screw designs in osteoporotic spines; Becker S, Chavanne A, Spitaler R, Kropik K, Aigner N, Ogon M, Redl H; Eur Spine J. 2008 Nov;17(11):1462-9
- Balloon kyphoplasty for vertebra plana with or without osteonecrosis; Becker S, Tuschel A, Chavanne A, Meissner J, Ogon M; J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong); 2008 Apr;16(1):14-9
- The international spine registry Spine Tango: status quo and first results; Melloh, Staub L, Aghayev E, Zweig T, Barz T, Theis JC, Chavanne A, Grob D, Aebi M, Roeder C; Eur Spine J. 2008 Sep;17(9):1201-9
- Implantation of the ProDisc intervertebral disk prosthesis for the lumbar spine; Ogon M, Howanietz N, Tuschel A, Chavanne A, Meissner J, Becker S; Oper Orthop Traumatol; 2007 Jun; 19(2): 209-30
- Cement leakage into the posterior spinal canal during balloon kyphoplasty: a case report; Becker S, Meissner J, Tuschel A, Chavanne A, Ogon M; J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2007 Aug;15(2):222-5.
- SSE Spine Tango - content, workflow, set-up.; Roder C, Chavanne A, Mannion AF, Grob D, Aebi M; Eur Spine J. 2005 Dec;14(10):920-4.
- The minimal-invasive surgical treatment of osteoporotic vertebral fractures with vertebro - and kyphoplasty.; Becker S, Chavanne A, Meissner J, Bretschneider W, Ogon M; J Miner Stoffwechs 2004; 11 (special issue 1): 4-7
- Kyphoplasty as revison-surgery in loosening of internal fixation in osteoporotic patients.; Becker S, Bartl R, Bretschneider W, Chavanne A, Meissner J, Ogon M; J Miner Stoffwechs 2004; 11 (special issue 3): 5-8
- Disk arthroplasty in symptomatic degenerative disc disease; Ogon M, Chavanne A, Meissner J, Becker S; J Miner Stoffwechs 2004; 11 (3): 7-12
- Synovial joint cyst as a rare cause of sciatica; Meissner J, Becker S, Chavanne A, Ogon M; J Miner Stoffwechs 2005; 12 (1): 18-25
- The cervical disc prosthesis; Ogon M, Becker S, Chavanne A, Meissner J, Tuschel A; J Miner Stoffwechs 2006; 13 (1): 14-17
- Minimal-invasive augmentation of vertebral fractures in the elderly; Wien Klin Wochenschrift 2003, 115/9
- Spine Tango – Register für Wirbelsäulenchirurgie; Chavanne A, Ogon M; JATROS Orthopädie 2003, 2:12-14
ÖGO (Österreichische Gesellschaft für Orthopädie)
SSE (Spine Society of Europe)
Austrian Society of Spine Surgery
ISIS (International Spine Intervention Society)
Resume & Career
Marek P. Ehrlich, MD is a native of Vienna, Austria, and studied medicine at the University of Vienna. He completed his medical training as a resident in general surgery and cardiac surgery at the University Hospital in Vienna and also held a fellowship as a postdoctoral chief research fellow at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York. Dr. Ehrlich is currently an Associate Professor of Cardiac Surgery and Director of the Aortic Program at the University of Vienna. Dr. Ehrlich’s research interests have included experimental studies concerning cerebral protection in an animal model. Moreover, Dr. Ehrlich has served as a faculty member in several international symposia, is a reviewer of the Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Circulation and the Annals of Thoracic Surgery.
Furthermore, he is the organizer of the “VISAR” symposium which takes place biannually in Vienna.
He was awarded with several research prizes in Europe and the United States and received several grants from the Austrian Ministry of Health as well as the National Institute of Health (NIH) in Bethesda,Maryland, USA.
Dr. Ehrlich is the author and coauthor of over 300 numerous articles, abstracts and book chapter published in leading scientific journals.
Dr. Ehrlich lives in Vienna together with his wife Sharon and his 15-year-old son Lukas.
|Name:||Marek P. Ehrlich M.D|
Professor of Surgery
|Date of birth:||April 20, 1966|
|Place of birth:||Vienna, Austria|
|Business Address:||Univ. Hospital Vienna|
Dept. Cardiothoracic Surgery
Währinger Gürtel 18-20
1090 Vienna, Austria
|Elementary school:||1972 - 1976, Vienna|
|Gymnasium:||1976 - 1984, Vienna|
|University Vienna:||1984 - 1993|
|Graduation:||Dr. Med. Univ. July 1993|
|06 – 09. 1989:||Dept. Heart Surgery Stanford, California, USA, with Prof. Shumway, Prof. Miller and Prof. Starnes|
|06. – 09. 1990:||Dept. Heart Surgery Stanford, California, USA, with Prof. Shumway, Prof. Miller|
|08 – 09. 1990:||Dept. Heart Surgery Birmingham, Alabama, USA, with Prof. Pacifico and Prof. Kirklin|
|08. – 09. 1991:||Dept. Heart Surgery Baylor University Houston, Texas, USA, with Prof. Coselli|
|07/1997 – 06/1999:||Postdoctoral chief research fellow at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York with Prof. Randall Griepp|
|01/01/1995 – 30/04/2002:||"Neuroprotection in Aortic Surgery"|
- Associate Professor of Cardiac Surgery, Univ. of Vienna
- 2011 – now Director of Aneurysm Program, Univ. of Vienna
Over 1500 Cardiac Procedures covering the hole spectrum of cardiac and aortic pathologies.
|2003 – 2004||For company Cardiooptics|
|2003 – 2004||For Stent company Endomed|
|2006 – now||for Vascutek and Jotec|
|2010 –||Consultant surgeon for Saudi German Hospitals|
Over 100 publications in Journals , 200 abstracts, 4 articles in cardiac books.
Curriculum Vitae & Career
Born in Vienna, married, two children
|2000 - 2007:||Residency in internal medicine at the Clinical Department of Rheumatology, Medical University Vienna|
|2007 - 2009:||Additional specialization in Rheumatology, Medical University of Vienna|
|2009:||Postdoctoral qualification and teaching authorization|
|2009 - 2012:||Fellowship at Division of Immunology and Rheumatology, Stanford University, California, USA|
|04/2012-02/2013:||Return to Department of Clinical Rheumatology, AKH Vienna|
|03/2013 - present:||Senior Physician at the 2nd Medical Department at the Barmherzige Schwestern Hospital in Vienna, with focus on Rheumatology|
Publications and Awards
2004: Poster Award of the Austrian Society of Rheumatology
2005: Science Prize of the "Erste Österreichische Sparkasse"
2007: Poster Award of the Austrian Society of Rheumatology
2008: Wyeth Science Prize of the Austrian Society for Rheumatology
2008: Billroth Prize of the Vienna Medical Association
2009: Erwin-Schrödinger Fellowship Award
2011: Fellowship of the American Arthritis Foundation
Numerous subject-specific speeches at home and abroad
- Grisar J, Hahn P, Brosch S, Peterlik M, Smolen JS, Pietschmann P. Phenotypic characteristics of human monocytes undergoing transendothelial migration. Arthritis Res. 2001 ;3:127-132.
- Grisar J, Bernecker PM, Aringer M, Redlich K, Sedlak M, Wolosczcuk W, Spitzauer S, Grampp S, Kainberger F, Ebner W, Smolen JS, Pietschmann P. Ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, and reactive arthritis show increased bone resorption, but differ with regard to bone formation. J Rheumatol. 2002 ;29:1430-14366.
- Aletaha D, Stamm T, Kapral T, Eberl G, Grisar J, Machold KP, Smolen JS. Survival and effectiveness of leflunomide compared with methotrexate and sulfasalazine in rheumatoid arthritis: a matched observational study. Ann Rheum Dis. 2003 ;62:944-951
- Miehsler W, Reinisch W, Valic E, Osterode W, Tillinger W, Feichtenschlager T, Grisar J, Machold K, Scholz S, Vogelsang H, Novacek G. Is inflammatory bowel disease an independent and disease specific risk factor for thromboembolism? Gut. 2004;53:542-548.
- Grisar J, Aringer M, Koller MD, Stummvoll GH, Eselböck D, Zwölfer B, Steiner CW, Zierhut B, Wagner L, Pietschmann P, Smolen JS. Leflunomide inhibits transendothelial migration of peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Ann Rheum Dis. 2004;63:1632-1637.
- Grisar J, Aletaha D, Steiner CW, Kapral T, Steiner S, Seidinger D, Weigel G, Schwarzinger I, Wolosczcuk W, Steiner G, Smolen JS. Depletion of Endothelial Progenitor Cells in the Peripheral Blood of Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Circulation.2005 ;111:204-211.
- Steiner S, Winkelmayer WC, Kleinert J, Grisar J, Seidinger D, Kopp CW, Watschinger B, Minar E, Hörl WH, Födinger M, Sunder-Plassmann G. Endothelial progenitor cells in kidney transplant recipients. Transplantation. 2006;81:599-606.
- Grisar J, Aletaha D, Steiner CW, Kapral T, Steiner S, Säemann M, Schwarzinger I, Buranyi B, Steiner G, Smolen JS. Endothelial progenitor cells in active rheumatoid arthritis: Effects of TNF and of glucocorticoid therapy. Ann Rheum Dis. 2007 ;66:1284-1286.
- Grisar J, Steiner CW, Bonelli M, Karonitsch T, Schwarzinger I, Weigel G, Steiner G, Smolen JS. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus patients exhibit functional changes of endothelial progenitor Cells. Rheumatology 2008 ;47: 1476-1483.
- Grisar J, Haddad F, Gomari F, Wu JC. Endothelial progenitor cells in cardiovascular disease and chronic inflammation: from biomarker to therapeutic agent. Biomark Med. 2011;5:731-44
- Grisar J, Munk M, Steiner CW, Amoyo-Minar L, Tohidast-Akrad M, Zenz P, Steiner G, Smolen JS.Expression patterns of CD44 and CD44 splice variants in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2012;30:64-72.
Rheumatism status check
Creation of individual treatment plans
Basic therapy setting and course control
Long-term care of rheumatoid patients
Univ. Prof. Dr. Wolfgang J. Köstler studied medicine at the Medical University of Vienna, and Molecular Biology at the Weizmann Institute of Science (Israel). He also spent extended periods of study at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (New York) and Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (Sydney). Prof. Köstler has been a Specialist in Internal Medicine since 2004, an Associate Professor of Internal Medicine since 2005, and has had a additional specialization in Hematology and Oncology since 2007. Prof. Köstler is a Senior Physician at the Department of Oncology of the Medical University of Vienna at AKH Vienna, where he is one of two leaders of the specialist outpatient clinic for gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST), bone and soft tissue sarcomas. His main research areas are the identification of factors that determine the success of targeted cancer therapies and the treatment of rare tumors (publications). Prof. Köstler is also an ongoing Principal Investigator in numerous clinical studies, a partner in international research projects, and is the recipient of numerous national and international research prizes.
Prof. Köstler's main focus is on comprehensive diagnostics and therapy of tumors of the internal organs (called "carcinomas", as found in the digestive system, lungs, urinary tract etc.), breast and genitals (ovaries, uterus, prostate, etc.). He has special expertise in the treatment of solid tumors which occur mainly in young adults, such as tumors of connective and supportive tissues ('sarcoma'), and of gonads.
Prof. Köstler places special emphasis on comprehensive counseling and individually tailored oncological therapy ('personalized cancer therapy'), that specifically addresses the individual needs of his patients, and targets specific molecular and genetic tumor characteristics. He employs supplements and alternatives to conventional drug therapy methods (hormone therapy, chemotherapy), increasingly targeted therapy options such as immunotherapy with antibodies, as well as therapy with so-called "tyrosine kinase inhibitors". Some of these therapy options can be performed as outpatient procedures, while others require hospitalization. Prof. Köstler is an in-patient physician and consulting specialist for several private hospitals in Vienna, primarily at the Vienna Private Clinic and the Confraternity Josefstadt. He also provides his patients with comprehensive and interdisciplinary care during in-patient treatment, along with colleagues in other fields of expertise.
Univ. Prof. Dr. Fritz LeutmezerSpecialist in Neurology, Acupuncture
Office hours Thursday afternoons — by appointment
Class of 1974
Father of two
School and university in Vienna
- Specialist training at UKH Meidling
- Knee team UKH Meidling
- Sworn and Court Certified Expert in Trauma Surgery
- Emergency Physician Diploma
- Senior Physician at Emergency Hospital Meidling
My Curriculum Vitae
|Since 1975||Educational Assistant at the 1st Univ. Clinic of Gastroenterology/Hepatology (Univ. Prof. Dr. F. Wewalka) as well as the 1st Univ. Clinic of Internal Medicine (Univ. Prof. Dr. E. Deutsch), 30 publications in domestic and foreign journals|
|1981||Specialist decree in Internal Medicine|
|1984 bis 2006||Senior Physician at "St. Elisabeth Wien" hospital, management of a hospital ward and of the Interdisciplinary Endoscopy Department|
|1992||Specialist decree in subsidiary field: Gastroenterology/Hepatology|
|2001||Court sworn and certified expert (field of gastroenterology/endoscopy)|
|2006 - 2014||Senior Physician at Göttlicher Heiland Hospital, responsible for areas of hospital ward and Internal Endoscopy|
|Since 2015||Freelance physician|
|2015||Relocation of private practice to Imed19|
Born on September 5, 1973, in Vienna,
married, two children
|1991 - 1998||Studied Medicine at University of Vienna|
|1998 - 1999||Medical resident, research|
|1999 - 2004||Specialist education|
|2006 - present||Management of Outpatient Clinic for Macular Diseases at Hanuschkrankenhaus, 1140 Vienna|
|2007 - present||Practice, Sieveringerstrasse 18/6, 1190 Vienna (KFA, private)|
|2014 - present||Practice at Imed19, Billrothstr. 49A, 1190 Vienna (private)|
Professional Areas of Focus
Treatment of retinal diseases such as age-related macular degeneration (AMD), diabetic retinopathy and retinal vascular occlusion, cataract surgery
Ongoing speaking engagements with a focus on retinal diseases
Member, European Society of Retina Specialists
Member of European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
Member of the Austrian Society of Ophthalmology
Advance Training Diploma, Austrian Medical Chamber
A sound doctor-patient relationship on equal ground is essential to my understanding of medicine. This includes first and foremost that the patient, whether they are ill or suspected to be ill, is thoroughly counseled and is involved in all stages of diagnosis and therapy.
My job as a doctor is to conscientiously obtain all necessary findings, to interpret them correctly, and to communicate any possible consequences in a clear and comprehensible manner.
Weighing all known risks and needs, I will work with my patients to ultimately develop the best possible therapeutic approaches.
In my function as a Lung Specialist in the 1st Lung Department at Otto Wagner Hospital, my focus lies on right cardiac catheter diagnostics and infectious diseases. In addition, I have dealt intensively with interstitial and rare lung diseases (orphan diseases).
At my private medical practice I am able to provide my patients with the care they deserve, in a peaceful environment. I also offer additional diagnostics and treatment at the Vienna Private Clinic, should it be necessary.
I have many years of experience treating asthma, COPD and lung cancer.
Movement is healthy, fun and keeps you fit at any age.
Injuries and diseases of the support and locomotor systems affect physique and psyche equally, and negatively impact quality of life.
As a former athlete (tennis, handball, BMX, mountain bike), I myself have been injured and operated on several times. Therefore, I understand the concerns of patients very well when it comes to conservative and surgical treatment options. In my long career as a Senior Physician at the Department of Orthopedics at AKH Vienna, I was able to treat the entire spectrum of orthopedic disorders, ranging from simple knee bruises to complex revision procedures. It is my vocation to make a precise and expedient diagnosis in cooperation with my patients, and to begin personalized treatment according to the highest international standards. In the event that a surgical procedure should be required, outstanding partners in the fields of anaesthesia, internal medicine, physical medicine & rehabilitation and physiotherapy are available at all times.
Range of Services
- Clinical examinations of the entire movement system, according to the highest internationally recognized standards
- Sonography of the musculoskeletal system, following ESSR guidelines
- Acute and chronic pain therapy
- Infiltration therapy for all joints
- Treatment of diseases on the general orthopedic surgery spectrum (including osteoporosis therapy)
- Diagnosis and treatment of all acute and chronic sports injuries (from children to seniors)
- Sports consultations (running, cycling, tennis, football, skiing, cross-country skiing...)
- Arthroscopic surgery:
- Knee: meniscus, plica and cartilage defects; cruciate ligament rupture, bow leg deformity (repositioning of the shin)
- Ankle: sideband and syndesmosis stabilisation, loose body removal, osteochondritis dissecans
- Shoulder: decompression, calcified shoulder, instability, rotator cuff reconstruction
Assoc. Prof. PD Dr. Manuel Sabeti, born in Vienna, graduated from neusprachliches Gymnasium (secondary school) in XVI, Maroltingergasse in Vienna, in 1992. He then enrolled in medical school in Vienna, where he graduated with an MD in General Medicine in 1998. Even in the initial stages of his studies, he showed great interest in orthopedics and was involved in several scientific projects focusing on sports orthopedics. After completing his studies, he went to Hallein (Salzburg), UKH Meidling, and then St. Josef KH (both in Vienna) to complete training in the subsidiary fields of surgery and trauma surgery. In March 2001, he began training for orthopedic surgery at the University Clinic AKH Vienna, where he was received his Specialist decree in October 2005. In June 2008 he acquired a subsidiary Specialty in Minor Sports Orthopedics. Since August 2009, Assoc. Prof. PD Dr. Manuel Sabeti has been a Senior Physician, and has been the Research Director of the Orthopedic Sports Team since November 2010. In September 2010 he was the only Austrian to receive the Asia Society Fellowship from the largest German-speaking Sports Surgery Society. In June 2011 he qualified as Private Lecturer (PD) with his work on "Treatment options for the outlet impingement of the shoulder joint", and was awarded the title of Assistant Professor that October. His scientific and surgical special focus has always been on minimally invasive/arthroscopic surgery. To date, he has given more than 150 lectures at national and international congresses. Assoc. Prof. PD Dr. Manuel Sabeti received Diplomas as Sports Physican, Emergency Physician, and was twice awarded the Advanced Training Program Diploma of the Austrian Medical Association.
Assoc. PD Dr. med. Manuel Sabeti
Marital status: single
Date of birth: November 26, 1973, Vienna
|May 2013||Senior Tournament Doctor of the European "Rhythmic Gymnastics" Championship, Vienna|
|October 2011 - present||Assistant Professor at Medical University Vienna|
|2012||Head of the Working Group for Sports Orthopedics of the Austrian Society of Orthopedics|
|2012||Member, Scientific Advisory Board of GOTS|
|June 2011||Habilitation on the subject of "Outlet Impingement of the Shoulder Joint"|
|December 2010 - present||Scientific Director of the Sports Team of the Orthopedic University Clinic in Vienna|
|August 2009 - present||Senior physician of the Sports Team at the Orthopedic University Clinic in Vienna|
|01.01.-31.01.2009||Sabbatical: Sporthopaedicum Straubing, Germany|
|October 2008||Additional specialization in Sports Orthopedics|
|16.10.2005||Specialist in Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery|
|15.10.2002-13.10.2005||Orthopedics AKH Vienna (post)|
|16.09.2001- 30.09.2002||Orthopedics AKH Vienna (sabbatical position)|
|01.03.-31.08.2001||Orthopedics AKH Vienna (temporary assistant physician position)|
|01.10.-31.12.2000||Neurology (teaching practice)|
|01.0.-30.09.2000||Pediatrics (teaching practice)|
|17.01.-30.06.2000||Surgery KH St. Josef|
|01.07.-31.12.1999||Trauma surgery UKH Meidling|
|01.10.-31.05.1999||Surgery KH Hallein|
|01.07.-30.09.1998||Internal medicine (teaching practice)|
Education and Vocational Training
|1992-1998||Studied Medicine at University of Vienna|
|05.06.1992||Graduated secondary school|
|1984-1992||Neusprachliches Gymnasium (secondary school), Maroltingergasse, 1160 Vienna|
|1980-1984||Primary school, Knollgasse, 1170 Vienna|
Prizes and Scholarships
|June 2013||Poster Award GOTS Mannheim|
|2013||Best Thesis in the field of Sports Orthopedics|
|2012||Best Thesis in the field of Sports Orthopedics|
|2012||Awarded the City of Vienna Mayor's Fund|
|2011||Grant Gebro Pharma|
|2011||Grant MSD, Austria|
|2010||Gots Asia Fellowship|
Poster Award ÖGPMR K. Piber, M. Sabeti
Sonography of the Infant Hip
Sports Physician Diploma
Emergency Physician Diploma
2 Advanced Training Diplomas from Medical Association
150 national and international lectures
Attending Physician of the Austrian Motor Sport Federation (organizer of the Erzberg Rodeo)
|AGA||Working Group for Arthroscopy|
|ESSKA||European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery & Arthroscopy|
|GOTS||Society of Orthopedic Traumatological Sports Medicine|
|ISMST||International Society for Medical Shockwave Treatment|
|ÖGO||Austrian Society of Orthopedics|
Organization Committee Member
|2010, 2011, 2012, 2013||Interdisciplinary musculoskeletal ultrasound course Vienna|
Curriculum Vitae & Career
|born on:||July 1, 1973 in Vienna|
|Marital status:||Married, two children|
|Practice I:||Nussdorferstr. 20/2/19, 1090 Vienna|
|Tel.:||+43 1 319 56554|
|Mobil:||+43 (0) 676 500 80 73|
|Fax:||+43 1 319 56555|
|Practice II:||Imed 19 Billrothstr. 49A, 1190 Vienna|
|Tel.:||+43 1 367 13 73|
|Mobil:||+43 (0) 676 500 80 73|
|(1979 – 1983)||Volksschule der Piaristen (primary school), Vienna Josephstadt|
|(1983 – 1991)||Schotten Gymnasium (secondary school), Vienna (graduated June 4, 1991)|
|(16/09/91 – 23/06/98)||Studied Medicine at University of Vienna|
|(11/96 - 12/97)||Research project on molecular oncogenesis of melanoma for Prof. Dr. G. Stingl (University Clinic of Dermatology, Vienna) > areas of responsibility: PCR, cell culture, RNA isolation, Southern blotting|
|(1991 - 1998)||Assistance in father's dermatology practice|
|(8/93 - 9/93)||Nursing service at Evangelical Hospital Vienna Währing|
|(10/98-04/2001)||KA des Göttlichen Heilandes (subsidiary subjects), Vienna:|
Surgical subjects (Prim Grablowitz) 9 months
Internal (Prof. Kaliman), 12 months
ENT Barmherzige Brüder Vienna (Doz. Höfler) 2 months
Women's health 6 months (Prim. Mayer)
- Teaching practice in Dermatology (practice of Dr. Istvan Sandor, Hollabrunn) 3 months
- AKH Dermatology rotation (2 months)
- Residency at University Clinic of Dermatology, Department of Special Dermatology (Prof. Hönigsmann) April 14, 2001 - May 31, 2005
- Teaching practice in Dermatology (Practice of Dr. Istvan Sandor, Hollabrunn) April 1, 2003 - November 8, 2003
- Successful completion of the Specialist examination June 3, 2005
- Senior Physician at Department of Dermatology Landeskrankenhaus Wiener Neustadt January 1, 2006 - July 2012 (Head of Phototherapy and Laser Clinic, specialized outpatient clinic, responsible for the operational area of the Landesklinikum) under direction of by Prof. Müllegger
- July 2012 - present additional training in Dermatological Angiology/Phlebology at Rudolfstiftung Hospital of KAV (under direction of Prof. Rappersberger)
- "Focal dermal hypoplasia" Salzburg Therapy Discourse, Mondsee 2001
- "Furuncular myiasis" ÖGD, Vienna 2001
- "IPL Light Systems" AOD Graz 2002
- "Transplantation and skin diseases" Berlin 2002
- Update Enbrel Hotel Trieste 2007
- Update Photodynamic Therapy Wiener Neustadt 2007
- Update Biologicals Wiener Neustadt
- Therapy of Psoriasis, Psoriasis Day 2008, 2009
- Psoriasis vulgaris - a therapy update Bad Schönau 2011
- Photodynamic Therapy Dermatologic Continuing Education 2012
- Exceptional Lues Dermatologic Continuing Education Vienna 2013
- Dermatological advanced training before internship Physicians June 2013
- Erosive mucous membrane diseases Dermatology Day Vienna September 2013
Training course in emergency medicine (January20 -27, 2001) with current refresher courses
Training course in occupational medicine (1st Block)
Basic allergy courses
Basic angiological diagnosis
Currently completing additional training in phlebology/ angiology in dermatology
Scope of Practice:
- Operative dermatology from simple excisions to skin transplants and flap plasty. Sentinel lymph node biopsy. Venous operations in collaboration with vascular surgeons
- Thorough dermatological examination including reflected-light microscopy, digital storage of reflected-light images (photo-scanners)
- Extensive experience in nearly all aspects of clinical dermatology
- Treatment of skin infections of all kinds
- Treatment of acne and rosacea
- Treatment of severe skin diseases and autoimmune diseases (focus on psoriasis vulgaris, atopic dermatitis, bullous autoimmune diseases of the skin, diseases from the group of lupus erythematosus of other rheumatologic diseases with dermatological involvement, treatment of Mb Behcet), close collaboration with other specialist areas, primarily rheumatology
- Treatment and diagnosis of venous diseases (conservative care, sclerotherapy, surgery/laser treatment) in collaboration with Senior Physician of Vascular Surgery and Angiology
- Laser treatments (Co2 lasers, diode lasers for hair removal and vascular treatment, skin rejuvenation)
- Photodynamic therapy for the treatment of precursors of skin cancer (actinic keratoses, Mb Bowen, basalioma)
- Aesthetic medicine: treatment with botulinum toxin, hyaloronic acid injection, peeling
- Hofbauer R, Frass M, Gmeiner B, Sandor N, Schumann R, Wagner O, Kaye AD. Effects of remifentanil on neutrophil adhesion, transmigration, and intercellular adhesion. Acta Anaestesiol Scand. 2000 Nov; 44 (10) : 1232
- Geusau A, Sandor N, Messeritsch E, Jaksch P, Tintelnot K, Presterl E. Cryptococcal cellulitis in a lung-transplant recipient. Br J Dermatol. 2005 Nov;153(5):1068-70. No abstract available.
- Geusau A, Dunkler D, Messeritsch E, Sandor N, Heidler G, Rödler S, Ankersmit J, Zuckermann, Tschachler E. Non-melanoma skin cancer and its risk factors in an Austrian population of transplant recipients receiving induction therapy. Int J Dermatol. 2008 Sep;47(9):918-25.
- Beiträge in Populärwissenschaftlichen Magazinen (Medmix,.)
- Nennung im Magazin News unter den besten Dermatologie Österreichs November 2013
Hofbauer, Kaye, Gmeiner, Frass (Ed.). Online Publishing for everybody.
Roland Hofbauer, Michael Frass, Nicolaus Sandor, Nadine Reinke, Bernhard Gmeiner, Alan D. Kaye:
Background of Online-Publishing. Lubbock, Texas, USA und Wien, Österreich:
VICER Publishing. 2000: pp19 – 52. ( ISBN 3-902104-05-8)
Frass, Gmeiner, Moser, Kaye, Hofbauer ( Ed.). Chemotaxis & Transmigration
Roland Hofbauer, Doris Moser, Nicolaus Sandor, Michael Frass: Chemotactic Factors.
Vienna Europe & Lubbock, Texas, USA: VICER-Publishing. 2000: pp23-26. (ISBN 3-902104-01-5)
German, English (working proficiency), French (elementary proficiency), Hungarian (elementary proficiency)
Diving, running, skiing, ski tours, tennis
Born and raised in Vienna,
Married, four children
- Studied at University of Vienna
- Rotation at LKH Wolfsberg
- Training as Specialist for Trauma Surgery and Sports Traumatology at UKH Meidling
- Emergency Physician training
- Founding member and partner at "Stosswellenzentrum Wien" www.stosswellenzentrum-wien.at
- Currently Senior Physician at UKH Meidling
- Over 20 years of professional experience at the largest emergency hospital in Austria
- Thorough emergency trauma surgery training
- Focus on shoulder
- Shoulder team UKH Meidling - outpatient shoulder clinic
- Many years of experience with shockwave therapy (ESWT)
- Consulting Trauma Surgeon at Rudolfinerhaus
- Team Physician of Austrian Rugby record champion "Rugby Union Danube Vienna"
- Team Physician of the Austrian National Rugby Team
Studied at Medical University of Vienna 1996-2002, recipient of various scholarship grants.
Postgraduate residency at Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, USA
Specialist training in Internal Medicine in Great Britain and Switzerland.
Training as Specialist in Angiology at the internationally renowned university clinics of Basel (Switzerland) and Freiburg / Bad Krozingen (Germany), with a focus on interventional phlebology.
Ward Supervisor at University Hospital Inselspital Bern, Switzerland.
Author of several publications on therapy of arterial and venous disorders.
Summer 2013, return to Vienna, medical work at Hanusch Hospital.
Since autumn 2014, work in group and private practice IMED19.
Scope of practice:
General Internal Medicine, Angiology, Phlebology
Venous diseases - ultrasound diagnostics, sclerotherapy, endovenous laser therapy
Arteries - diagnostics and conservative therapy